Sunday, August 9, 2009

Joys of the Gospel...

Today, The presence of the Lord was great! It wasn't because of musical skill, or careful preparation on my part, or great performances in music or speaking...it was because God chose to make himself known. Thank you Lord!

What makes this especially meaningful to me is that I spent most of the morning struggling...working through feelings of doubt, self-glory, entitlement and disappointment... all of which are rooted in sin.

Before service we spent some time praying, confessing, and requesting that the Spirit of the Lord be heavy. God was faithful! There was such a sense of community...we shared stories of how the Gospel was transforming us...sang songs of Praise and looked at Ezra 6. It was a long service... but at the end the majority of the folks @ Service stuck around, got to know new faces, shared stories... then a big group went to Wahoo's Fish Tacos for lunch where still more sharing life took place. Didn't get home until almost 3pm...

I have been in the church for the vast majority of my life... the daughter of a minister... a Christian for over 20 years... and as I reflect on the journey I've been on
just today... I can honestly say that I have NEVER experienced the Gospel so vividly or consistently; knowing that I do not fear the thoughts of men... but long for the joys and freedom that are available to me when the Truth of the Gospel is revealed.

It was a wonderful day of sharing life and truth with Austin City Life. I am so grateful for the Gospel and a community to share it with.

1 comment:

  1. It was an incredible day. And aren't we all reluctant worshippers? Praise God for his unreluctant grace!

    ReplyDelete